When an artistic work is produced (a painting, sculpture, play or song), it is automatically copyrighted, solely on the basis of its creative nature.
Software and databases can also be protected by copyrights, providing they meet creativity and originality requirements.
In Italy, copyright protection is generally considered valid until the 70th calendar year following the death of the author, although certain circumstances may warrant a different time limit.
Therefore, a creative work acquires protected status at the very moment it is produced, and does not require any filing formalities. It is however possible to register the work with the SIAE (Italian Society of Authors and Publishers), for the sole purpose of establishing a proof of priority for the idea.
- Copyright protection consultancy and assistance
- Registration of unpublished works with the SIAE (Italian Society of Authors and Publishers).
- Filing of published works with the Office of Literary, Scientific and Artistic Property.
- Registration of software with the Registro Pubblico Speciale (Special Public Registry).
- Advice on matters pertaining to copyright infringement or violation.